Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Coverage


Well, I'm watching election coverage, and it appears our next President will be Barack Obama. If you're reading this post, you know me, and you know what I think about that. I won't go into it sufficing to say, I'm a bit disappointed. Having said that, I want to call everyone reading this, especially you Christians, to begin praying for the President-Elect. The Bible is clear that we are to pray for our leaders, and there is no caveat for disagreement (1 Tim. 2:2). The same is true of our enemies. This can be a bitter pill to swallow, so remember that we are not only allowed to disagree with those in power, but in some instances, we are mandated. Some of you are undoubtedly excited about this. That's OK. We live in a robust democracy, where people do and will continue to disagree in good faith. In fact, it's necessary for the very survival of our country. It's important for all of us to remember not to be bitter when the other side's argument carries the day. Having said that, the debate will continue, and there are issues at stake that are of extreme importance to our country. It is important that we never stop fighting for what is right. No matter where you stand on the election, here is some scripture that will hopefully provide a broader perspective to this election.

Romans 8:28: We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

Proverbs 8:15: Because of Me, kings reign, and rulers make just laws.

Luke 20:25: Render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar, and render unto God, that which belongs to God.

John 14:27: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.
There are scores of relevant scriptures, these are only a few.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Great post! Thanks for the wisdom and encouragement. Huckabee in 2012!